Old Town Semarang Exploration

Today I came home to my hometown. Hungry & thirsty then I chose to visit Spiegel Bar & Bistro, Semarang, Central Java.  Curious to see this abandon building that suddenly became a beautiful one.

This is a beautiful old building that was Build by Dutch in 1895. It was renovated last year became a cozy & beautiful restaurant. Gosh finally they did something in this old town, my hometown.

My Tripadvisor review of Spiegel Bar & Bistro

@wulan_dewi_sunu

Old town of Semarang has some hidden beauty authentic "treasure". Nice to see some buildings were renovated, and there is also a small nice shop call "Outstadt". Just hoping Semarang will continue this awaking program of the old town.



There is also a coffee house around Semarang Old Town named as Tekodeko Koffiehuis.

 My Tripadvisor review of Tekodeko Koffiehuis 




A short review of Semarang Old Town in Tripadvisor

"A Hidden Treasure of Semarang"

Actually I really wanted to give 4 to "Kota Tua Semarang". This city is my hometown, I love it, but I must be honest compare it the other old town not only in Indonesia but also compare it to other countries especially around Indonesia like Singapore or Malaysia. So I gave 3 for "Kota Tua Semarang", and honestly 3 minus or 2 plus :(

So many abandon buildings in this area, but now I saw some initiatives to renovate it, just like I saw in Spiegel. The other (except Blendug Church) are still abandoned :(. There are some new building already renovated as restaurant, unfortunately (except IBC, Spiegel, Noeri's and Tekodek) they made epic fatal renovation. For example a very beautiful building was renovated but they put many ugly plastic banners in front of it. Gosh...it ruin the esthetic of this colonial and heritage building.

Actually this old town of Semarang is very beautiful. My wish and dream is to see the government and private work together to build this old town in the future. 

** Juniwulan Dewi **

Postingan terkait:

Belum ada tanggapan untuk "Old Town Semarang Exploration"

Post a Comment